XMRV. Xenotropic/Ecotropic Murine Leukemia Virus ricerca e considerazioni

« Older   Newer »

1. Apocalypse23

User deleted

Mouse Viruses (XMRV), ME/CFS And Prostate Cancer

The most interesting piece of evidence is the molecular evolution of the samples isolated from patients, cell-lines, and mice proving that XMRV has not been circulating between human beings. The paper by Lombardi and colleagues that began this debate provided solid evidence based not only on the molecular identification of the virus, but also on immunological responses of the host (virus-specific antibodies), viral expression in patients' peripheral blood mononuclear cells (flow cytometry), and an infection model (infection of cultured human cells from patients' samples). Recently, a model of rhesus macaques enforced the evidence for the infectious potential of XMRV. Thus, the only explanation for the molecular evolution data, from a study by Hue and colleagues is that the patients have been infected by a common source of XMRV and not through human contact. Since XMRV is integrated in cell-lines the virus evolution is restricted to the host's pace of evo lution, and viral descendants have none or minimum sequence diversity. Thus, if a contaminated product, previously cultured in cell-lines, is administered to people then the infections would provide the evolutionary patterns reported by Hue and colleagues. If the immunological data reported by Lombardi and colleagues are correct, then we need to trace the common source for these infections to prevent possible public health concerns. Products from cell-lines should be the first candidates.
    Gkikas Magiorkinis, Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, The Lancet

Courtesy of The One Click Group

traduzione a cura di https://empa.forumcommunity.net
    citate la fonte grazie.

Virus del topo (XMRV), ME / CFS e cancro della prostata.
    Riassunto.
    Uno dei più interessanti elementi di prova, è l'evoluzione molecolare dei campioni isolati da pazienti,le linee cellulari ed i topi dimostrano che l’XRMV, non sta circolando tra gli esseri umani.
    L'articolo di Lombardi e colleghi che ha iniziato questo dibattito ha fornito prove concrete non solo in base alla identificazione molecolare del virus, ma anche sulla risposta immunitaria dell'ospite (anticorpi specifici del virus), espressione virale nelle cellule 'mononucleari del sangue periferico dei pazienti ( citometria a flusso ), e un modello di infezione (infezione di colture di cellule umane da campioni di pazienti ').
    Recentemente, un modello di macachi rhesus avvalorano la prova scientifica applicata per il potenziale infettivo dell’ XMRV. Così, l'unica spiegazione per i dati di evoluzione molecolare, da uno studio di Hue e colleghi, è che i pazienti sono stati infettati da una fonte comune dell’XMRV, e non attraverso il contatto umano.
    Dal momento chel’XMRV è integrato nelle linee cellulari, l'evoluzione del virus è limitata al procedimento dell’evoluzione dell‘ospite , e le sequenze virali dei discendenti non hanno nessuna o minima diversità di sequenza.

Quindi, se un prodotto contaminato, precedentemente coltivato in linee cellulari, è somministrato a persone allora le infezioni fornirebbero gli schemi evolutivi riportati da Hue e colleghi.
    Se i dati immunologici riportati da Lombardi e colleghi sono corretti, quindi abbiamo bisogno di rintracciare la fonte comune per queste infezioni per prevenire possibili problemi di salute pubblica. I prodotti provenienti dalle linee cellulari dovrebbero essere i primi candidati (Ndt ad essere esaminati).
    Magiorkinis Gkikas, Dipartimento di Zoologia, Università di Oxford, The Lancet

The Lancet Infectious Diseases, Volume 11, Issue 4, Page 264, April 2011

References
    1 Bradbury J. Research brief: viruses and fatigue. Lancet Infect Dis 2011; 11: 89. Full Text | PDF(227KB) | CrossRef | PubMed
    2 Oakes B, Tai AK, Cingoz O, et al. Contamination of human DNA samples with mouse DNA can lead to false detection of XMRV-like sequences. Retrovirology 2010; 7: 109. CrossRef | PubMed
    3 Robinson MJ, Erlwein OW, Kaye S, et al. Mouse DNA contamination in human tissue tested for XMRV. Retrovirology 2010; 7: 108. CrossRef | PubMed
    4 Hue S, Gray ER, Gall A, Katzourakis A, Tan CP, Houldcroft CJ, et al. Disease-associated XMRV sequences are consistent with laboratory contamination. Retrovirology 2010; 7: 111. CrossRef | PubMed
    5 Lombardi VC, Ruscetti FW, Das Gupta J, et al. Detection of an infectious retrovirus, XMRV, in blood cells of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. Science 2009; 326: 585-589. CrossRef | PubMed
    6 Onlamoon N, Das Gupta J, Sharma P, et al. Infection, viral dissemination and antibody responses of rhesus macaques exposed to the human gammaretrovirus XMRV. J Virol 201110.1128/JVI.02411-10. published online Feb 16. PubMed
    a Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK

26 replies since 1/12/2009, 13:44   1791 views